2. Compliance with Relevant Laws
We will properly process personal data in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan (hereinafter referred to as "APPI"), and other relevant laws and guidelines. The personal data subject to foreign laws will be appropriately processed in compliance with the relevant foreign laws.
3. The personal data we may process
We process the following category of your personal data for the purpose described below. Under GDPR we are required to tell you our legal basis and we have included this in the table below.
|Purpose||Categories of personal data (examples)||Legal basis|
|(i) To create user accounts, complete user profiles, and log in to sites that only authorized users can access.
(ii) To allow registration for the event and to facilitate feedback and interaction during the event.
(iii) To measure the usage status of service provided on our website and improve our service.
(iv) To send newsletters and customized announcements to participants.
(v) To assist participants with visa applications and other immigration procedures.
|(i) Information that can be used to identify a specific individual such as a person's name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, place of employment.
(ii) Usage history of services provided on the website.
|Our legitimate interests to keep our records updated, to manage our services effectively, to inform you about our service, and to respond to your requests and feedback.|
|Sessions and official events will be documented in official photographs, video or audio for use on official websites, printed materials, online campaigns, and informational and promotional handouts. Video footage may also be streamed or posted on VOD sites.||Images, audio, and video of participants recorded during the event.||(i) Our legitimate interests to promote our services and encourage our consumers to participate in the event which we will hold
(ii) Consent where your personal data is shared or disclosed and used to support this purpose.
|To ensure a stable and secure provision of our online services.
This includes troubleshooting, testing, system maintenance, reporting, and data hosting, blocking disruptive users, and protecting the safety of users.
|Device identifiers, IP address, user agent, and cookie IDs, Usage/analytics data, Log data.||Our legitimate interests in operation, provision, and network security of PBI Tokyo's IT services.|
We do not conduct any solely data-based, automated decision-making that produces any legal or similar material effect on you.
4. Sharing and disclosing your personal data
(2)We will document you attending sessions and official events with official photographs, video, or audio and publish them on official websites, printed materials, online campaigns, and informational and promotional handouts. We will only post your personal data with your consent.
5. Retention Period for Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the aforementioned purpose of obtaining and processing your personal data. Specific retention periods are decided based on the following considerations: the purpose for obtaining and processing the personal data; the nature of the personal data; and the necessity of retaining the personal data for legal or business reasons.
6. Additional legal rights for EEA residents
(1) Obtaining information regarding the processing of data: you have the right to obtain all the requisite information regarding our data processing activities that concern you from us.
(2) Access to personal data: you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you are being processed, and if so, access to the personal data and certain related information.
(3) Rectification or erasure of personal data: you have the right to have us rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you without undue delay and the right to have us complete any incomplete personal data. Also, if certain conditions are satisfied, you will have the right to have us delete personal data concerning you without undue delay.
(4) Restriction on processing of personal data: if certain conditions are satisfied, you will have the right to have us restrict processing of personal data concerning you.
(5) Objection to the processing of personal data: if certain conditions are satisfied, you will have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you.
(6) Data portability of personal data: if certain conditions are satisfied, you will have the right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and the right to transfer those data to another controller without hindrance from us.
(7) Not to be subject to automated decision-making: if certain conditions are satisfied, you will have the right not to be subject to solely data-based, automated decision-making (including profiling)that produces any legal or similar material effect on you.
7. Security Management Measures
We will take necessary measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of the personal data and other appropriate management of the personal data. We may outsource the operation of our website to an outside contractor, and the subcontractor will also comply with APPI, GDPR, and related laws and regulations and will take necessary measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of the personal data and to manage the personal data appropriately.
8. Point of Contact for Questions, Complaints, Exercise of rights
You may request disclosure of information regarding PBI Tokyo's process of their personal data, or submit questions or complaints, or exercise your rights, by contacting our office listed below.
PBI Tokyo secretariat
NHK Broadcasting Center
2-2-1 Jinnan, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8001, Japan